The College offers the following Programmes and courses in regular modes:
- Higher Secondary Courses (Duration: 2 years, affiliated to AHSEC):
- Higher Secondary (Science)
- Undergraduate Programmes (Duration: 3 years, semester mode, affiliated to G.U.):
*B.A. *B. Sc. *B. Com, * B.Voc.
- Post Graduate (Self-financing) Programmes ( Affiliated to Gauhati University)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) : Duration: 1 year
- Master in Tourism Management (MTM) : Duration: 2 years
- Career Oriented Programmes
One Year Advance Diploma in Construction Works (ADCW) as add-on courses. (UGC approved and granted)
Following courses are newly added and being offered with the certification from National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT), (erstwhile DOEACC Society), an Autonomous Scientific Society under the administrative control of Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India.
- Certificate course in Office Automation
- Certificate course in Soft skill development and Communicative English
- Vocational Subjects ( Undergraduate level)
- Tourism and Travel Management
- Bachelor of Vocation Course (B. Voc.)
Under the guidance of National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF), the following skill generating and employment centric courses are being offered under the recently introduced B. Voc. scheme of UGC. The courses are funded by UGC and approved by Gauhati University.
*Details are included in the B. Voc. Section.
- Courses under Community College scheme of UGC
Since January 2015, the College has been offering the following skilled based, industry collaborated and employment centric courses under the UGC funded Community College scheme. Both the courses are of two years (four semester) duration with the option of multiple exit/entry.
- Pulp and Paper Technology(PPT)
- Fashion Technology (FT)
- Detailsare included in the Community College Section.
- Distance Education Programmes and Courses
- IGNOU (A wide range of Programmes and courses are offered through the approved Study Centre located within the College campus. Details about them are described in the relevant section below. )
- Institute of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL) of the Gauhati University. (A wide range of Master Degree Programmes and courses are offered through the approved Study Centre located within the College campus. Details about them are described in the relevant section below.)
- A study cum exam center of Krishna KantaHandiqui State Open University (KKHSOU) was also started from the academic session 2014-15. (Details about the courses are described in the concerned section.)
- Higher Secondary Programme at Jagiroad College is conducted under the guidelines and rules framed by the Assam Higher Secondary Council(AHSEC)—which is one of the Board of Senior Secondary Education recognised by the Central Board of Education(CBSE).
- Three Year Degree (Semester) Programme in Arts, Science and Commerce are conducted under the rules and regulations of the Gauhati University, Guwahati. These Programmes are recognized under Section 22 of the UGC Act 1956.
- The Master in Tourism Management (MTM) and PGDCA Programmes have also been approved by the Gauhati University.
- The vocational course in Computer Science is approved by the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council. The vocational courses of Computer Applications and Tourism and Travel Management have similarly been approved by the Academic Council of the Gauhati University.
- The Programmes transmitted through distance education mode by the IDOL, KKHSOU and the IGNOU are approved by Universities and they are run under the strict guidelines and rules of the Universities.
- The term “Programme” is used here in consonance with the ongoing process of reforms and changing paradigms of Higher Education in India. It generally refers to the earlier concept of a “Course”. A “Course” conveys the title and components of compulsory and optional papers under a “Programme.” We have used the term in a flexible way which while retaining the gamut of meaning of earlier terminology simultaneously covers the ambit of the Subject and its components. This has been done so that the use of the term “Programme” does not create confusion among parents, guardians and students who are accustomed with the earlier notion of a “Course.”